I get questioned about my name a lot!!
Here's a typical conversation:
Me: "Hey! I'm Domisty nice to meet you."
Other Person: "Misty"
Me: "No, Domisty."
Other Person: "Misty."
Me: "No, Domisty. Doe like a deer, misty like rain."
Other Person: "Spell it."
Me: "D-O-M-I-S-T-Y'
Other Person: "Really. That's your name?"
Me: "Yes, that is really my name."
The conversation has different variations but you get the point. I have been called all variations & pronunciations. My favorite has to be Diphtheria. Yes, I was actually called diphtheria by someone.......
My son, Rosty is usually called Rusty. His pediatricians office had Rusty on his file for months until I corrected them. Another time he was called Frosty....like the snowman.
Here's the end of the conversation from above
Other person: "Domisty, I've never heard that name before."
Me: "Yes, and you'll probably never hear it again."
Other person: "I like it though, it's different."
Me: "Thanks."
And if you know me you definitely know that I'm different!


No comments:
Post a Comment