Wednesday, December 10, 2008

In Sickness and in Health

Well, the Menius Household has been hit with the winter blues.

Charlie was sick over the Thanksgiving holiday and the following Monday. His fever finally broke and he was feeling good. Then Rosty had a well visit to the doctor. By Friday evening he was sick. Me & Rosty were in our pajamas all day on Saturday. He laid in my bed and watched movies most of the day.

On Sunday we were still not feeling real good so we decided not to share with our church family and we stayed home. That's when the razor blades in the back of my throat formed!!! When I say I had a sore throat, I'm not lying. It hurt to eat, drink and breathe (thru my mouth). I have been living on Gator-Ade.

Monday morning I got up and nobody had a fever so we got dressed and went to school. I still felt bad and decided that I would leave work at lunch so I could get some rest. Well, I got to leave earlier than that. Preschool called and Charlie was throwing up. She said it was so bad that he would not leave the toilet. So I left work at 10:30 am and tried to sneak into the building. But God bless little Makayla....she saw me and had to tell Rosty that his mommy was at school. This led to Rosty coming to Charlie's class and saying that he did not feel good either and then came then tears. Well, I knew he had not felt good all week-end... so I take them both home.

All the moms out there know how it is to be sick yourself and have to tend to one child much less two children and then let them be sick on top of that. I had Rosty lay on the couch and rest. I told him if he was sick then he did not need to be playing. So he laid on the couch all afternoon. He even napped for awhile. Charlie was laying in my bed with me. I wanted him close by in case he started throwing up again.

Lee had been to the Farmer's Market in Raleigh the week before and had brought me some collards. I thought this was the perfect time to cook them because I was going to be home all afternoon & I would be making my rounds from the bedroom to the den every so often anyway.

There's a point to all of this I promise... Both boys were napping and I was in the kitchen and I hear Charlie coughing so I walk back to check on him and he meets me in the hallway and he has thrown-up. It wasn't really bad but he had been laying on our bed and of course it was on the pillow, the sheet, the blanket and the quilt so it all had to be washed. Let me back up and say that I had just washed everything(mattress pad, blankets, quilts, pillows, etc) over the week-end because our dog had been sick and she is on the beds sometimes. So I strip the bed and wash it all again.

Well, a couple hours later I'm in the kitchen again checking on the collards and Charlie comes be-bopping in there and I'm thinking he's feeling better. Nope, you guessed it. He starts throwing up again. At least it was on the linoleum;-)

We had a rough Monday night. I turned my alarm off and decided I wasn't going to work on Tuesday. We get up on Tuesday (late) and nobody has a fever (except me). I started getting dressed and Lee said, "Go to bed." He took the kids to preschool and I went to bed.

I woke up when I hear him come home a little later and I hear another voice. Rosty had a fever again. Lee worked from home yesterday and kept Rosty while I slept and rested. By doing this I was able to go to the boys Christmas program last night. I apologize to all the parents there because I literally put my hair in a ponytail and had no make-up on. So I may have scared some kids (and adults). After the program we got our Christmas tree. So tonight's fun is decorating!!

While home on Monday and Tuesday I got to watch a couple of movies. I saw 27 Dresses & Hairspray. I also watched Diego Saves Christmas & Diego Ready, Set, Go.

So today is Wednesday. Charlie went to school, Domisty went to work and Rosty went on a farm visit with Lee. He's still not 100%

No comments: