Thursday, July 16, 2009

It's Birthday Time!

July is a busy month for us we have 3 birthdays at our house. Freckles (my Border Collie) will be 7 years old on July 19th, Charlie will be 3 on July 25th & I will be 25 years old on July 28th. We also have several family members with July birthdays.
Charlie has been super excited about his birthday this year. His biggest dilemma was what kind of birthday party to have this year. He mentioned Bob the Builder but in the end he decided on Thomas the Tank Engine. This was great news to me because Rosty had a Thomas party when he was 3 years old and I saved the leftovers from his party.
The big event of the birthday party will be the pinata or at least the one Charlie is most excited about anyway! We have been to a couple of parties this year that had pinatas so I decided to purchase a Thomas the Tank Engine pinata. As we all know if I'm going to do something it's not going to be easy. I tried about 3 different websites before I found a Thomas pinata in stock. Pinatas now have the option of being non-violent. They have several curling ribbon type strings hanging down and each child gets to pull a string and eventually the bottm will bust and let out all the goodies.
After Rosty attended a party a few weeks ago and the mom hosting the party got smacked with the pinata stick which left a red welt on her arm Iso decided to go with the non-violent pinata. Plus, do I really trust 3-year olds with a stick that they actually have permission to hit something with.........
As we all know the pinata has to be filled with something. There is a bag of filler that you can buy but of course it's not going to have the best candy in it so I decided to buy my own filler for the pinata. I asked Charlie what he wanted in the pinata and I bought a few other things. This is what we have:
Tootsie rolls
Bulleyes (caramels with white center)
Candy rings
Bubble gum
Rings
Bugs (not real)
Chinese yo-yo
Train whistles (leftovers from Rosty's party)
Blowers (also leftovers)
I think that's it!
Yesterday the box with the pinata, the Thomas napkins, Thomas tattoos and Thomas cupcake toppers came in the mail. When we pulled up I saw the box on the porch and told Charlie that his birthdya stuff was here. He was so excited! When I stopped the van he got out and ran to the front porch and was carry the box, which was as big as him in the house.
I hope he has a great birthday party! I will definitely post about the party and pictures. Last year at his birthday party we had a mini-twister come through the week before and it ruined our swing set so we had to come up with an alternate plan which was to have the kiddie pool and water guns for the kids. We decided to do the same thing this year. We'll have the kiddie pool, a sprinkler (which he got last year and they love playing in it) and water balloons.
I can't wait!
By the way, I won't really be 25 this year but I think you all knew that!!!!

3 comments:

Teesa said...

Really, 25? Hmmm, I didn't realize I'm almost ten years older than you...

A Thomas party sounds great. We did a party for Sam last year that was similar. I asked everyone to bring something train related. I bet we'll end up doing something similar again this year since he's still so into trains. Don't throw away your leftovers! I'll come buy them from you when we take a trip to your farm! (like how I'm inviting myself?)

The Brown's said...

Yeah Domisty...I'll be 25 this year too!! You had me laughing, I just love you! So let me know when Teesa makes her trip to your farm and we'll invade too!!

The Menius family said...

Why does everybody have a hard time believing I'll be 25!