We normally have very uneventful week-ends because we are at the Farmer's Market every Saturday and we are preparing for the Market on Friday nights. This week-end was the exception.
We still went to the Farmer's Market on Saturday but that afternoon we went to Farmer's Day. I should say we tried to go to Farmer's Day. They close down about 4:00 pm and we got there at 4:30 pm. Oh well, we did go back that evening for fireworks. Considering we are in small town America it was a really nice fireworks show. It was the first time either of the boys had seen real fireworks. I think they really enjoyed them.
I love fireworks!
I told Lee that was how I wanted him to propose. I told him they should somehow be able to figure out how to put "Do- marry me?" in fireworks.
It didn't happen......
I'll share my proposal story another time.
On Sunday, we built fence so we could move the pigs to fresh pasture. I told you we had a very eventful week-end! We actually went out to eat at a very nice restaurant on Sunday.
It was Charlotte Restaurant week from July 10- 19.
Here is the description from their website:
Enjoy a culinary extravaganza during this 10-day celebration of Charlotte's restaurant scene. From Friday, July 10, through Sunday, July 19, each participating upscale restaurant will offer a spectacular 3-course, prix five dinner menu for only $30 per person (not including tax & gratuity).
It's a royal opportunity to experience Charlotte's ever expanding array of dining options and remarkable chefs, from popular favorites to new hot-spots.
We decided to try the Customshop.
We had our choice of red or white wine.
Then there were 3 starters to chose from:
Kobe Beef Carpaccio with fresh horseradish and lemon
Arugula, Roasted Corn, Shitake & Caprino
Two-Minute Ceviche
I chose the Two-minute Ceviche which until that moment I had never heard of and had no idea what I was about to eat. It was 2 shrimp (cut in half) steamed for 2-minutes to give it some color and marinated in a citrus juice it was topped with diced red onion and jalapeno. It was actually very good! Lee got the Kobe Beef. It was cut very thin like prosciutto. It was also very good!
There were 4 entrees to chose from:
Flounder- sauteed spinach and preserved lemon
Beef Short Ribs- with black kale & cipollini marmalade
Ricotta Gnocchi- eggplant, fresh mozzarella and pesto
Yellowfin Tuna- with panzanella salad
This was a tough one for me.
I thought I'd venture out and try the Ricotta Gnocchi but in the end I went with the Flounder and it was delicious. Lee got the Yellowfin Tuna. We both cleaned our plates.
There were 2 deserts to chose from:
Apple Walnut Brioche Bread Pudding
Fresh Berry Tart- with vin cotta
I got the Berry Tart & Lee the Bread Pudding and we shared.
Everything was delicious! It was definitely something we couldn't do if we had to pay full-price for the meal though.
The other exciting thing for us is that today is Rosty's first day of summer camp. I'll have more details later in the week!


No comments:
Post a Comment