It seems that we have been so busy that I just haven't had the time to update.
We took a whirlwind trip home to visit my grandfather. He has some health issues so I hope that you will all pray for him. We left our house at 3:30 pm on Saturday and then left my parent's house at 2:30 pm on Sunday. Very quick trip. We did get to visit with my grandparents, my Aunt & her husband and 1 of my cousins. We listened to Popa's stories until after midnight......I'll never get tired of hearing his stories!! He is a great man and I love him very much!
Lee has been at a conference all week so that has left all the feeding to me and the boys. I sure was glad to see his truck pull in the driveway last night! The boys can be a big help when they want to but most of the time they just want to play in a dirt pile. Last night they were so dirty that I stripped them down to their underwear for the ride home. Rosty got his shoe stuck in mud, it was just caked in mud.....needless to say everything went into the washing machine when we got home.
Since last Friday we have had 4 sows farrow so we have a total of 35 baby pigs. They are so cute running all around in the pasture.
Our biggest event has to be kindergarten screening. Rosty went yesterday afterward when I asked him how he did he said, "I got all the questions right."
We go back next week for Open House and we will find out his teacher and then the next week he starts school. WOW! I can't believe he will be starting school.
I decided to take the day off work and have a mommy & Rosty day. So after the kindergarten screening we went to Marshall's to purchase a new bookbag. Then we did some clothes shopping at Old Navy. We went to Staples for school supplies and then the place I hate most Wal-Mart to finish the school supply shopping. We ate at Chick-Fil-A and he got to play in the indoor play area & then we finished our day with a bowling.
We had a great day!
He was even a good sport and went to Harris Teeter so we could triple coupon shop!! Actually Rosty loves to go grocery shopping with me so that wasn't a hard sell.
By the way, I did good- I spent $35 and saved $44. There were only 3 items that I did not have a coupon for.
Thinking back to our special day my favorite thing Rosty said was when we were on our way to buy his book bag (we had already left school). He said, "Mommy, we didn't even see the playground."


1 comment:
Yea! I'm so glad you got to go bowling!! Who won?
Post a Comment