Wednesday, August 26, 2009

School starts tomorrow!

We have been super busy (isn't this the way I start every entry)!
Those of you with kids know how busy you are imagine that you have 100 pigs, 20 head of cattle, 30 sheep, 15 goats, 200 hens, 56 turkeys, 1 llama, 4 dogs and a cat. They like my kids (and husband) need to be fed and watered everyday & their homes need to be checked to see if they need for straw or shavings, etc. You get the idea!
We are now less 10 pigs (they are being processed) and notice that there were no broilers listed- yeah! We processed the last of the broilers last Friday. Pasture-raised chicken sure is good and my customers love it but they are a lot of work.
Well, since my last entry we went to Open House for Rosty at his new school. Everyone tells me that his teacher is wonderful so I'm excited about since first day of school (which is tomorrow). He already had a homework assignment. He had a blank person that he was suppose to make look like him & decorate.
If you know Rosty he loves art and making stuff but this assignment did not interest him in the least. The conversation went like this:
Me: Rosty what color is your hair?
Rosty: Brown & black
Me: OK, is it straight or curly?
Rosty: Curly
Me: So let's draw some curly hair on your paper in pencil & then go back with the markers and color it in
Rosty: I don't know how to draw curls, I don't like homework it's stupid, I don't want to go to school (while tears are streaming down his face)
Me: Honey, it's OK you are going to have so much fun at school.......
You get the gist of the conversation. So I have the only child who does not want to start kindergarten. Every other parent I know says their child is so excited that they sleeping with their book bag in the bed with them.
I just hopes it goes smooth tomorrow.
Lots of people have asked me if I think I'm going to cry....probably not. I will probably cry if Rosty is crying and saying "Mommy don't leave me." So please pray that Rosty has a smooth transition to kindergarten.

No comments: