I know my kids have lots of experiences that other kids do not get to have because they are farm kids but sometimes they miss out on a lot of things because we are so busy at the farm.
So on Friday night I took them to the NC Transportation Museum to see the Disney Christmas Carol Train Tour. There is a new 3-D movie coming out in November and the train is going around to promote the movie. They had some of the costumes on display, they also had TV screens with clips of how they animate the movie. At the end you could have your picture taken and have your face morphed into one of the characters. Me and the boys did this and they are suppose to send a copy to my email. If they do I will post it on here so you can see our pictures. They also showed about a 10-minute trailer of the movie (we had 3D glasses to wear). I thought Charlie would be scared but he said he wasn't although he did take the glasses off halfway through the viewing.
The night ended with a trip to Chick-Fil-A.
The boys enjoyed playing on the indoor playground.
Of course, this meant I was up to about 11 o'clock getting ready for the Farmer's Market but I'm glad they got to be kids for one night!
Saturday at the Salisbury Farmer's Market Charlie got to see his first parade. It was a small parade but there was 2 bands and several floats. They also had some dancers and a jump rope demonstration. It was a homecoming parade for Livingston College.


No comments:
Post a Comment