I know there are a lot of you out there like me who always made their Halloween costumes when we were young (or had our mom make them).
So that tradition continues with the Menius Family.
Rosty decided that he wanted to be a Transformer so I went to saving cardboard boxes. The body is a box that I spray painted red, the grill is the flaps from the box covered in duct tape. The mufflers are a wrapping paper tube cut in half and spray painted gray. The lights are a paper towel tube cut in half and covered with blue painters tape. The legs are Capri Sun boxes covered in red duct tape. You do have to use your imagination but several people guessed that he was a Transformer (the t-shirt probably helped too).
Rosty wanted it to actually transform but I couldn't figure that one out.
Charlie got the Batman shirt during the summer and decide that he wanted to be Batman after getting the shirt. His was a little easier to put together though.
Who knows what we will be next year.........


No comments:
Post a Comment