Rosty's birthday was on October 30th. He was actually out of school that day but he went to his after-school program. His daddy did pick him up early though!
We did the traditional eat Mexican & wear the sombrero at our favorite Mexican Restaurant. When our waiter came to take our order Rosty ordered his usual and then added "it's my birthday so I'll need a cake too!" Luckily, I had brought a cake with us.
I did take pictures but Lee has my camera so I'll have to post them later. Plus, I never posted pictures from the NC State Fair.
We let Rosty open gifts from us on his birthday it would be unfair to make him wait until his party. He got lots of good stuff!!
Then Saturday was Halloween.
I'm old school.....we usually made our own costumes so of course I do the same with my kids. Rosty wanted to be a Transformer so I collected cardboard boxes, wrapping paper tubes, and paper towel tubes. Then I bought some red spray paint, blue, silver & red duct tape and Optimus Prime was created. A few people actually knew what he was when we went trick or treating.
Charlie had gotten a Batman t-shirt this summer so he decided he wanted to be Batman. His was really easy. He wore the t-shirt, blue sweat pants (because he didn't have black), a cape we got last year for 25 cents on clearance and a Batman mask we found at the consignment store. He was a cutie.
At our last house we went to it started raining. And it rained and rained and rained. We had over 2 inches of rain at the farm.
I was a little disappointed when I woke up on Sunday morning because it was wet and cold outside. We had all these really cool things planned for Rosty's birthday party and the weather did not won't to cooperate.
We had a total of 13 kids plus their parents. Rosty had both set of grandparents at his party and my granny (his great-granny) came too!
We still had a great party despite having to be inside most of the time. We did our scavenger hunt outside and then we brought the pinata inside.
I sent all the kids to the playroom to eat. I figured it would be easier to clean one location than to have them eating all over the house. Petey & Freckles (our dogs) enjoyed being on crumb patrol after the party.
Thanks to everyone who was at Rosty's party- he had a great time and we hope you did too!


No comments:
Post a Comment