Who could have known when I posted the last entry about dogs & was remembering our Petey that we would lose our Freckles just a few days later.
Freckles was a good girl and that sums it up. She was my faithful companion. I looked forward to coming home everyday and finding her waiting for me at the door (I really looked forward to it after we lost Petey).
We owned both Freckles mom (Gwen- who is deceased) & dad (Bandit- who still lives at the farm). Lee decided that I could keep her and we have never regretted that decision. Freckles was a very smart dog. She loved to play fetch with a ball or a Frisbee. If you ever started throwing the ball/Frisbee watch out- she would just continue to bring it back to you over and over again.
Much like Petey, she went through her puppy stage too. Although, she was an expensive puppy. She chewed 2 pairs of my prescription glasses. We took these dogs with us everywhere so they were in our vehicles a lot. She chewed the cup holders in my car and the CB wires in Lee's truck. I had a new pair of shoes that were pretty pricey and I had them about a week and she chewed the side off of one of them. I guess she liked the smell of leather....I do still have these shoes.
We have a lot of good memories of Freckles.
The way she loved all of us especially the boys, every morning she would go with me to their rooms to wake them up with kisses. She had her spots that she always laid in & I have walked by them all week-end looking for her. Just a few weeks ago I bought her a new Frisbee and we have had such a good time throwing it around the back yard.
Freckles I love you & miss you so much!!!!!







No comments:
Post a Comment