Since I am at the Farmer's Market every Saturday I support other local farmer who also have product to sell.
Depending on which Market you are at depends on what you can find. But for those of us in this area the past 2 weeks there have been fresh, local strawberries. I brought strawberries home from the Market & so did Lee. Since we had so many I decided to make a Strawberry Shortcake. I must confess that I have actually never made a strawberry shortcake before. In the past I have gone to the grocery store and bought the little circular angel food cakes that come in packages of six.
So I looked through my many cookbooks to find a recipe for Strawberry Shortcake. I was going to make my pound cake recipe but I was so tired......My pound cake recipe is very good but it takes a lot of time and did I mention I was tired. Up at 5 o'clock for the Farmer's Market and on my feet the whole time (7 to noon). But I found a simple recipe & I actually had all the ingredients. Flour, butter, eggs & milk- you can't get much simpler than that.
I think the results were well worth it! I should have taken a picture of what it looked like today. There is a lot less of it. Needless to say Lee & the boys enjoyed it- everyone had seconds!




No comments:
Post a Comment