Thursday, February 5, 2009

My Thursday morning

Well, I had great intentions. I have been wanting some grilled chicken for a bout a week now. I knew we had some good Wild Turkey Farm's pasture raised chicken breast in the freezer. I took them out last night to defrost so I could marinade them today.
The chicken breasts were thawed out. Then I rinsed them off. I then took the freezer bag they had been in and rinsed it out, dried the bag. I put the chicken breast back in the bag and poured some Terakyi Sauce in the bag. What happens next.....somehow there were holes in either corner of the freezer bag and Terakyi Sauce is coming out of both sides. I did not notice when I rinsed the bag out.....I got it all cleaned up and switched to a new bag. I'm glad it was enough for me to notice before I put in the fridge and have to clean Terakyi Sauce out of the fridge.
I also put some Crowder peas (that were from our garden) in the crock pot along with some fatback (from our pigs).
Let's fast forwarded a few minutes...... Lee left early so I fixed 4 pieces of raisin bread. Two pieces for me and one apiece for the boys. I should have known better. Anyone who knows Charlie knows that he is an EATER! He normally has 2 granola bars for breakfast every morning AT HOME and then he eats breakfast at preschool.
I ate one piece of raisin bread & was going to eat the other piece when I got to work (with my coffee). Got the boys bundled up in the van and gave them their piece of raisin bread. Of course, by the time I turn off the coffee pot, load up the van and lock the doors Charlie has already finished his piece of bread and is saying "Mommy, I want your bread."
I could not safely reach the bread or I would have given it to him. I tell him "Charlie, mommy is driving. I can't get the raisin bread now. That's mommy's breakfast, you are going to eat at school."
This satisfied him.
Rosty still has his raisin bread. Rosty likes to save his food and eat it when he gets to preschool (because there are other kids that are eating food from home). I also thinks he likes being able to taunt Charlie with the food.
I guess Charlie wasn't going to have it this morning. So as Rosty is looking out the window Charlie yanks his raisin bread and chomps down.
So of course Rosty is yelling at Charlie, I'm trying to drive..... I finally tell Rosty to just let Charlie have the raisin bread and he can have my piece of raisin bread.
So now I'm at work with no breakfast and hungry.....welcome to my life!!!!!

No comments: