Before starting this blog I would write down funny things that Rosty had said or done so I could one day share them with him. Here are a few:
We have 2 dogs that live inside the house with us- Petey, a Chocolate Lab & Freckles, A Border Collie. Early on Rosty could say Petey but had trouble with Freckles. I would point to Freckles and say, "Who's that?" So for the longest time Rosty called Freckles "That."
The most famous Freckles story. Rosty had a plastic hammer that he carried around and hammered everything (his Bob the Builder stage). Freckles was laying on the couch one night and Rosty bopped her on the head with this hammer. When we came home from work the next day Freckles had found the toy hammer and chewed it all to pieces.
December 2006- Rosty was plundering in the pantry and saw the clear canister that had rice in it. He said, “Mommy, are those fingernails in there?”
February 2007- Rosty said he didn’t love me because it was too dangerous.
March 2007- Rosty has learned the expressions “Holy Guacamole” and “Holy Cow”. But what he says is “Holy Guaca-Cow
May 2007- Rosty’s preschool teacher was telling me about Rosty killing a fly in class. She said the other kids were like, “a bug, a bug!” Rosty walked over to window were it landed and slapped it dead and said, “Got it.” When he was telling me about it he said, “Mommy, I’m a good killer.” I told him he was a good fly killer not a killer.
November 2007- On our way to Mooresville, Rosty asked me if we could ride by the “Monster House.” I had no idea what he was talking about. He said it was on the way to Patterson Farms. I kept asking question trying to figure out what he was talking about. I asked him if it was a house that we had ridden by that was decorated for Halloween. It finally clicked with me what he was talking about… Popa Donald and Grandma Sherry had been down the week-end before and Rosty wanted to show them where Patterson Farms was at. We were coming back down Millbridge Road and I turned onto Weaver Road. I then said, “Oh, I should have gone straight and showed ya’ll this monstrous house they’re building.” Rosty picked up on the “monster house.” He’s definitely listening to everything we say;-)
I'll share Charlieisms one day!


No comments:
Post a Comment