Monday, March 30, 2009

Coming soon....Wild Turkey Farm pics

We were at the farm yesterday doing our daily chores and I did take my camera so I will have some updated pictures soon!!
We have had another litter of pigs and a total of 3 baby lambs.
We have also had a lot of rain the last couple of weeks so we have done the things that have to be done but not much more than that. We have been busy in the greenhouse though.
Yesterday we were moving our chickens to a new patch of pasture. Lee & Charlie were in the bobcat moving the mobile chicken coop and my job was to guard the opening and not let the chickens escape.
Sounds easy enough but the opening that I was guarding was at least 30 feet and it wasn't just a few chickens I needed to keep in it was 195 chickens. The chickens did realize there was an opening and they did run toward the opening. I was running back and forth, back and forth waving my hands in the air. Then I fell down in the mud! What do you think Lee & Charlie were doing? If you guessed laughing you would be correct!!
I'm happy to say that only 2 chickens managed to get out. They're lucky I didn't take them home for chicken stew!

No comments: