Tuesday, March 10, 2009

What's in the garden??

We are working in the garden this week.
We got a late start due to the weather but Sunday & Monday we got all of our onions and leeks in the ground. We had about 45 bunches of onions with each bunch containing between 100- 120 onion plants & several bunches of leeks with the same amount. We have red, yellow and white onions. Do the math......that's a lot of onions!
I sure hope we are able to sell all of them or I will be asking for recipes that use onions & leek. Ever heard of onion jelly??
Today's project is potatoes.
We have 130 pounds of potatoes to plant this afternoon. We have red, white and blue potatoes.
Last year the Feed Store that we frequent had ordered blue potatoes and was giving them to the kids to plant. We took some to the Market and they were a big hit- high in antioxidants. So this year we will be having more blue potatoes.
I hope we get a lot done today because the weather has been really nice!
We have our lettuces and tomatoes started in the greenhouse too. I always think the garden look so pretty when the different lettuces are growing.

No comments: