I started this post last week and got busy and never finished it.....
We took the the boys to the fair on Sunday (October 20th). For the past 10 years if me and Lee have gone to the fair it was to work. We were either in college helping the Animal Science club with the many activities they did during the fair, helping friends with their livestock or working with the Jr. Dairy Livestock show. When I heard there were things to do outside the Jim Graham building I was shocked!!
Going back with kids is a lot different.
Last year we did go to the fair with both boys but Charlie was too little to do anything and because Rosty was showing a turkey we had the whole clan. My parents, my granny, brother Wayne and his family and Lee's mom. So we had plenty of help and plenty of grandparents to stand in line with Rosty when he wanted to ride a ride.
This year we were there on Sunday- a week-end and it was crowded!! The lines were ridicously long. I had bought our tickets on-line (54 to be exact)so I did not want them to be wasted. Lee and Charlie rode a couple of rides but decided they would rather walk around than wait. Rosty used all his tickets and had a blast!!
The main reason we went on Sunday was because our good friend Sheila Jordan was being inducted into the NC Livestock Hall of Fame. We were very honored that she invited us to share this special time with her.
A Year at the Farm In Photos
12 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment