Monday, January 26, 2009

My sick baby

It started out as a normal trip to the grocery store. We were just pulling in to the parking lot when Rosty said, "Mommy, I don't feel good."
I said, "Honey, I wish you would have told me that before we left the house. We are already here now. Do you think if I can hurry you'll be alright?"
So , we went in and got the things on our list. I knew he was feeling bad when I asked him what he wanted for being so good and he said nothing. But he ended up getting pop tarts and chocolate milk. Pop tarts is something we don't usually buy so this was definitely a treat.
We get back in the van and I asked Rosty if I could make one more stop. The boys had gotten the Wendy's coupon books for Halloween where they get free Jr. Frosty's. So we went through he drive-thru and got 4 Jr. Frosty's. These were going to be dessert that night.
We are turning onto our road when Rosty says "Mommy, I'm going to ......" and you can guess the rest of the story. We were in site of our house so I told him to hold on we were almost there. We get in the driveway and I put the van in park and run to his door. I fling the door open and get him out, get his booster seat out and try to salvage his Leapster. He is crying and upset. He tells me that the chocolate chip cookies that I made earlier in the day are why he is sick.
I get him inside and out of his clothes and into the shower. I call Lee and say "Please hurry home." My wonderful husband cleaned the van and the booster seat for me. We let the van air dry for awhile but thank goodness for Glade Odor Eliminator.
In the meantime, Rosty had been playing with his Leapster (that he got for his birthday, which he loves) when he got sick. I tried to clean it but it's fried and it smells. I have taken it apart and tired to clean it but I think there is no hope so I will be buying him another one this week.
I didn't drive my van on Sunday so this morning when I got in the van there was still a pretty strong smell. So I decided that I would take it to the car wash at lunch today. This requires taking out a lot of "stuff." My reusable bags I store under the seat that Rosty was sitting on we he got sick. Undoubtedly, the small space where the seat belt comes in was just big enough for some of the "puke" to seep through and form a puddle and since I was not in the van at all yesterday it has set for about 24 + hours. Plus, a few of my bags were soiled so I have to wash them too.
So, I apologize ahead of time to the guys at the car wash! I guess I will have to tip them really good today!!
Rosty is feeling much better now.

3 comments:

The Brown's said...

Eww....I hate it when that happens! I guess that he's ok now? What did you put in the cookies????

The Menius family said...

You know I'm a good cook!!

I bought them from a school fundraiser so I actually didn't "make" them only baked them but nobody else got sick.

Teesa said...

Oh no!! I am so sorry he didn't feel well. I hope there were no more incidents. I'm sure the chocolate chip cookies were just the last thing he ate when he started feeling sick.

Poor Rosty!